If you want to know how to make your own Amiibo NFC tags, you’ve come to the right place. Amiibo is very popular, but some super rare Amiibo are also very expensive that we cannot afford. It is the best choice to create our own Amiibo, which is easy and much cheaper. How to? Let’s find out.
What Is An Amiibo Card?
Amiibo is a toys-to-life platform that was developed by Nintendo in 2014. It uses wireless communication to connect figurines to Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, or Nintendo Switch video games.
It works by bringing toys to life and enabling them to interact with other elements of a video game. The Amiibo toys link to the video game software using Near Field Communication (NFC).
Using this wireless technique, you can transfer data in and out of the video games or across other platforms. This unique feature makes it possible to use NFC-enabled Amiibo cards to directly play games in Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and Wii U.
What You Need?
- Android Phone with NFC capability or tablet with NFC support (If you’re to make Amiibo cards successfully, you should ensure that you have an android phone that’s NFC-enabled. While you can buy an NFC reader/writer for your PC, it can be a very complicated process. As such, we recommend that you use your smartphone.)
- Buy NTAG215 NFC Stickers or NTAG215 NFC Cards ( IMPORTANT: Only NTAG215 works!!! NATG213, 216 and other common stickers DO NOT WORK.)
- Free Tagmo APP + files — Link to free Download
- Amiibo .bin files — Link to free Download
- Additional software for Android so TagMo works free of moos with Amiibos
locked_secret.bin & unfixed_ifo.bin – Link to free Download
How To Make
Step 1 – Prepare Android device
- Since the TagMo app is not available in the Play Store, it must be downloaded and installed via GitHub. In order to install apps that are not available in the Play Store, this must be set in the Android setting in the Security menu and enable Unknown Sources.
- Now two more software packages have to be downloaded and installed on the Android device for TagMo to work properly with the Amiibos.
Step 2 – Launch the TagMo app and import the key
- Launch the TagMo app
- Place unfixed-info.bin, locked-secret.bin, and Amiibo dump files on your Android device.
- Touch the icon in the upper right corner
- Select Load key(s) file
- Select the unfixed-info.bin and locked-secret.bin files.
You might need to install a file explore for your Android device if you can’t do that already on your phone, but it should be in the download folder if you downloaded it on your phone.
Step 3– Write NFC Tags
Now that the Android device is set up and you have your Amiibo-Bin files for writing, you can load the Amiibo data to a blank NFC tag.
- Open the TagMo App
- Hit the LOAD TAG button and select your Amiibo.bin dump file. Make sure any Amiibo are UNZIPPED you can put them all into their own folder called AMIIBO if you wish makes it easier.
- Click on WRITE TAG
- Place your NTAG215 NFC tag on your Android device. You have now Created The Amiibo you wanted Congrats.
Step 4– Validate
After creating your own Amiibo on an Android device, you can check if it worked. You can do this pretty quickly by clicking the “Tag Scan” button in the TagMo app. Then you see what was written on the NFC tag. Of course, you can also use your Nintendo to use Amiibo in one game. Hold the NFC tag over the right analog stick on the JoyCon and the Amiibo is available in the game.
If this is not the case and you have never used an Amiibo, please check the settings in the console, as the use of Amiibos must be enabled in the settings.
Types Of Amiibo Cards You Can Make Using Your Android Phone
You can create any amiibo card as long as you have its .bin file. It does not matter whether you want the animal crossing amiibo card, link’s awakening amiibo, or joker amiibo; you surely can make it.
As such, the type of amiibo card you decide to make will depend entirely on your interests. Here is a list of 10 most popular Nintendo amiibo cards that you should consider:
- Animal Crossing amiibo – Isabelle cards
- Zelda amiibo cards- Link’s awakening
- Joker amiibo cards
- Breath of the Wild amiibo cards
- Wolf Link amiibo cards
- Shovel Knight amiibo cards
- Super Smash amiibo- Dark Samus cards
- Fire Emblem Three Houses amiibo cards
- Splatoon 2 amiibo cards
- Super Smash amiibo -King K Rool cards
While these are these amiibo cards are popular, you should never limit yourself. You’re free to create and explore other amiibo cards to fulfill your gaming desires.
The Legality Of Making Your Own Amiibo Cards
There is no doubt that creating amiibo cards is illegal. It is classified as piracy since you’re using amiibo data to make an unlicensed copy of the card. If you’ve used a CD/ DVD to burn content, then you have the best example of what making an amiibo card is all about.
Nintendo has made it extremely difficult for gaming fans to access original amiibo cards. These cards are scarce, and getting them may require that you spend lots of dollars. Consequently, gamers have used this creative way to make fake amiibo cards.
So, this tutorial is for learning purposes only.
- How to Create Your Own Amiibo NFC Tags?
- The Easy Guide to Making your own Amiibo Card
- How To Create Your Own Amiibo Card In 3 Simple Steps