Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches Features and benefits
Cisco’s industry-leading security portfolio is anchored by Talos threat intelligence, ETA, trustworthy solutions, and MACsec encryption.
Exceptional MTBF and high-availability features such as ISSU, GIR, and hot patching for maximum resiliency help keep your network running smoothly.
Open and programmable
Seamlessly integrate with full-stack programmability from ASIC to OS, enabling future features without hardware upgrades.
Faster core, faster access
Catalyst 9600 Series switches are twice as fast and have twice the capacity of traditional switches.
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches Model specifications
Catalyst 9600 Series 6-slot
- Granular port options 1G/10G/25G/40G/100G, mGig
- Secure segmentation with SD-Access
- State-of-the-art high availability with N+1 power and fan redundancy and 1+1 supervisor redundancy
- Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW)
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches Data Sheet
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Switches are purpose-built for resiliency at scale with the industry’s most comprehensive security and allows your business to grow at lowest total operational cost. Built upon the foundation of Catalyst 9000, the Catalyst 9600 Series offers scale and security when always on is a must.
As foundational building blocks for the Cisco Digital Network Architecture, Catalyst 9600 Series switches help customers simplify complexity, optimize IT, and reduce operational costs by leveraging intelligence, automation and human expertise that no other vendor can deliver regardless of where you are in the intent-based networking journey.
Catalyst 9600 Series Switches provide security features that protects the integrity of the hardware as well as the software and all data that flows through the switch. It provides resiliency that keeps your business up and running seamlessly. Combine that with open APIs of Cisco IOS XE and programmability of the UADP ASIC technology, Catalyst 9600 Series switches give you what you need now with investment protection on future innovations.
As the industry’s first purpose-built 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet line of modular switches targeted for the enterprise campus, Catalyst 9600 Series switches deliver unmatched table scale (MAC, route, and Access Control List [ACL]) and buffering for enterprise applications. The Cisco Catalyst 9606R chassis is hardware ready to support a wired switching capacity of up to 25.6 Tbps, with up to 6.4 Tbps of bandwidth per slot. Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series switches support granular port densities that fit diverse campus needs, including nonblocking 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable (QSFP+, QSFP28) and 1, 10, and 25 GE Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP, SFP+, SFP28) and 10, 5, 2.5 and 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) and 100, 10 Megabit (Mbps) RJ45 copper ports. The switches also support advanced routing and infrastructure services (such as Multiprotocol Label Switching [MPLS] Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs, Multicast VPN [MVPN], and Network Address Translation [NAT]); Cisco Software-Defined Access capabilities (such as a host tracking database, cross-domain connectivity, and VPN Routing and Forwarding [VRF]-aware Locator/ID Separation Protocol [LISP]); and network system virtualization with Cisco StackWise® virtual technology that are critical for their placement in the campus core. The Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series also supports foundational high-availability capabilities such as patching, Cisco Nonstop Forwarding with Stateful Switchover (NSF/SSO), redundant platinum-rated power supplies, and fans.
Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Chassis
- Hardware ready to support up to 25.6 Tbps in wired switching capacity, with up to 6.4 Tbps bandwidth per slot.
- Up to 9.6 Tbps in wired switching capacity, with 3 Bpps of forwarding performance with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Up to 48 nonblocking 100 Gigabit Ethernet QSPF28 ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Up to 96 nonblocking 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Up to 192 nonblocking 25 Gigabit Ethernet /10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP28/SFP+ ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Up to 192 non blocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet / 5 Gigabit Ethernet / 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet / 1 Gigabit Ethernet / 100 Megabit / 10 Megabit RJ45 copper ports with the Cisco Catalyst 9600 Series Supervisor Engine 1.
- Platinum-rated AC and DC power supplies.