Extend intent-based networking everywhere
Cisco® Catalyst® 9200 Series switches extend the power of intent-based networking and Catalyst 9000 hardware and software innovation to a broader set of deployments. With its family pedigree, Catalyst 9200 Series switches offer simplicity without compromise – it is secure, always on, and IT simplified.
As foundational building blocks for the Cisco Digital Network Architecture, Catalyst 9200 Series switches help customers simplify complexity, optimize IT, and reduce operational costs by leveraging intelligence, automation and human expertise that no other vendor can deliver regardless of where you are in the intent-based networking journey.
Catalyst 9200 Series switches provide security features that protect the integrity of the hardware as well as the software and all data that flows through the switch. It provides resiliency that keeps your business up and running seamlessly. Combine that with open APIs of Cisco IOS XE and programmability of the UADP ASIC technology, Catalyst 9200 Series switches give you what you need now with investment protection on future innovations.
With full PoE+ capability, power and fan redundancy, stacking bandwidth up to 160 Gbps, modular uplinks, Layer 3 feature support, and cold patching, Catalyst 9200 Series switches are the industry’s unparalleled solution with differentiated resiliency and progressive architecture for cost-effective branch-office access.
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches overview
- Up to 48 ports of full Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) capability
- Resiliency with Field-Replaceable Units (FRU) and redundant power supply, fans, and modular uplinks
- Flexible downlink options with data, PoE+ or mGig
- Operational efficiency with optional backplane stacking, supporting stacking bandwidth up to 160 Gbps
- UADP 2.0 Mini with integrated CPU offers customers optimized scale with better cost structure
- Enhanced security with AES-128 MACsec encryption, policy-based segmentation, and trustworthy systems
- Layer 3 capabilities, including OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, RIP, and routed access
- Advanced network monitoring using Full Flexible NetFlow
- Cisco Software-Defined Access (SD-Access):
- Simplified operations and deployment with policy-based automation from edge to cloud managed with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Network assurance and improved resolution time through Cisco DNA Center
- Plug and Play (PnP) enabled: A simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new branch or campus device rollouts or updates to an existing network
- Cisco IOS XE: A Common Licensing based operating system for the enterprise Cisco Catalyst 9000 product family with support for model-driven programmability and streaming telemetry
- ASIC with programmable pipeline and micro-engine capabilities, along with template-based, configurable allocation of Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Quality of Service (QoS) entries
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches Features and benefits
Switch models and configurations
|Models||FRU Power Supply||FRU Fans||Modular Uplinks||Stacking Bandwidth Support||SD-Access Support 1|
|Modular uplink models (C9200 Enhanced VN SKUs)||✓||✓||✓||160 Gbps||Yes (32 Virtual Networks)2|
|Modular uplink models (C9200 SKUs)||✓||✓||✓||160 Gbps||Yes (4 Virtual Networks)|
|Fixed uplink Models (C9200L SKUs)||✓||✗||✗||80 Gbps||Limited (1 Virtual Network)|
1 Catalyst 9200 standalone and stack can support 25 Access Tunnels (for fabric enabled APs). Note: Over the top fabric deployments eventually migrating to fabric wireless architecture should consider this limit during design/deployment
2 Catalyst 9200-24PB-A, C9200-48PB-A PIDs supports 32 Virtual Networks. These skus cannot be stacked with C9200 SKUs with 4VNs
- Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches
- Power over Ethernet – Wikipedia
- Field-replaceable unit – Wikipedia
- Cisco DNA Center
- Cisco Catalyst 9200 Switch Datasheet – Router-switch.com